What Is Assisted Living?
Assisted living communities are a type of senior living that are designed for older adults who need some degree of help with their activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, and managing their medications but do not require round-the-clock medical care.
Assisted living communities provide residents with a home-like atmosphere with modern, spacious studios and one- and two-bedroom apartments.
These communities allow seniors to remain independent in a safe, comfortable, and socially active environment.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of assisted living, its services, amenities, and why senior living is an excellent choice for seniors.
What Are the Benefits of Assisted Living?
Assisted living communities balance care and assistance with independence, allowing residents to maintain control of their lives while benefiting from the peace of mind that comes with knowing a helping hand is always available.
These communities offer specialized care plans created specifically for older adults' overall health and wellness.
You’ll find skilled caregivers and professional nurses on staff, as well as access to trained professionals like physical and occupational therapists.
Residents can enjoy life without the burden and responsibility of daily chores, home maintenance, grocery shopping, and meal preparation.
These communities offer the following benefits to seniors and their families:
- Luxurious studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments
- 24/7 on-site staff and security
- Health monitoring and management
- Health & wellness programs specifically designed for seniors
- Peace of mind for families
- Social opportunities with their peers
- Access to healthcare professionals
One of the most significant advantages of life in assisted living communities is the many opportunities lonely or isolated older adults have to meet and socialize with peers.
What Services Are Offered in Assisted Living Communities?
Visit a modern senior living community and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the services available to residents. Take a look at some of the services offered by Allegro Senior Living communities:
- Daily assistance with personal care: bathing, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, and mobility
- Medication management: Medication reminders and supervision of proper dosages
- Transportation: Scheduled transportation to shopping, and local events, and available transportation to doctors’ appointments and other errands
- Maintenance-free lifestyle: Regular housekeeping, laundry, maintenance of living spaces, and groundskeeping
- Meal preparation: Delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals and snacks
Amenities in Senior Living Communities
The amenities in many senior living communities will make you feel like you’re in a high-end resort. Today’s senior living communities are designed to keep residents active, stimulated, and connected to others. Here are just some of the amenities residents enjoy in assisted living communities:
- Beauty salon
- Fitness center
- Yoga & meditation studio
- Pet spa
- Guest speakers
- Pool & hot tub
- Steam room & sauna
- Mini putt course
- Movie theater
- Happy hours
- Bistro & lounge bar
- Outdoor dining
- Wine tastings
How Much Do Assisted Living Communities Cost?
According to Genworth's Cost of Care Survey, the average monthly cost of assisted living is $4,500, but the cost varies greatly depending on where you live, the amount of personal care needed, and the types of services and amenities offered in the community.
Assisted living communities are valuable for seniors and families seeking a supportive, vibrant, and engaging living environment. The numerous benefits, comprehensive services, and amenities allow older adults to live a fulfilling, secure lifestyle.
If you have questions about life in an Allegro assisted living community, contact one of our friendly advisors.